Resume of Derek Davidson(214) 455-6049
2624 Marsha Ln.
Royse City,TX 75189
A results-driven IT Professional with extensive experience in the engineering, administration and support of information systems. In-depth experience in the implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN and IP Telephony network systems. Strong hands on technical knowledge with CCNP, CCIP, MCSE and many more certifications. Proven track record for diagnosing and resolving complex problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Currently working towards CCIE
- CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCIP - Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional
- CCDA - Cisco Certified Design Associate
- MCSE plus Exchange - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- FtOCC - Fonality's Comprehensive Technical Certification
- NET+ - CompTIA Network+
- A+ - CompTIA A+
Peoples Telephone Cooperative (ISP), Quitman, TX - Chief Technology Officer
- Manage all aspects of the Network/IT Departments for the ISP. Manage, mentor and support all Network Administrators and Network Engineers.
- Setup and maintain 2008 domain for 80+ users. Several Linux, 2003, 2008 Servers. 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 Workstations. Websense, internal knowledgebase, speedtest server (integrated into our website), Avast anti-virus, internal notification system and much more.
- Setup multiple site to site ipsec VPN's, sub-interfaces and hundreds of ACLs/VACLs on our Cisco ASA5510 firewall. Also have Cisco VPN clients setup to authenticate through Active Directory.
- Setup 7206 Routers as NAS routers to terminate all 6000+ PPPOA DSL customers. Migrated from Redback routers.
- Design, install, configure and maintain Cisco MPLS core network with ASR9010's running IOS-XR as the core routers and ME3800 aggregation switches. EoMPLS, VPLS, ELAN, ELINE services. This terminates over 650 miles of new fiber put in the ground as part of a National Broadband Stimulous Grant that we received.
- Deployed OSPFv2 on all nodes in the Cisco MPLS core network for IPv4 and OSPFv3 for IPv6.
- Deployed dual-stacked IPv6 for our expanding network. IPv6 BGP to multiple upstream providers.
- Implemented hierarchical Quality of Service (QoS) throughout our entire network.
- Deployed BGP on Cisco 7206 Internet Routers and ASR9010 MPLS routers.
- Developed a migration plan, then migrated Cisco 7206 internet routers down to the new ASR9010 routers. Migrated all BGP circuits to the ASR9010s, along with 100's of static routes, connected networks, and ACLs. All this was completed within maintenance windows.
- Setup and maintain Cisco ANA server to monitor the advanced features and alarms within the MPLS core network.
- Setup Intermapper SNMP monitoring system to monitor hundreds of network devices.
- Setup and maintain Xangati netflow monitoring system.
- Implemented 1XRTT network, including Cisco/Starent PDSN, Nortel/Ericsson ERS8600 core router, and Bridgewater AAA servers.
- NetAmerica LTE Pilot Project: Designed network connectivity and backhaul from towers and neighboring company to the core while segmenting the 2 company's packets on the same fiber link. Implemented this with VPLS on the LAN side towards the towers and BGP VRF's towards the NetAmerica core.
- Maintain company website. PHP site built with Joomla.
- Migrated from Zcorum to Neonova Support companies. These companies host our AAA radius, DHCP, DNS servers and call center help desks for our DSL/Dial-up networks. This was a flash cut all in 1 night which effected 100% of our customers.
Thomas Technologies, Rockwall, TX - Senior Network Engineer
- Microsoft Networking - Lead a 4 man team in a migration of a financial institute with 9 sites from Windows 98 and NT workstations, NT 4 Servers and Exchange 5.5 to all new Windows XP Pro workstations, 2003 Standard Servers and Exchange 2003. This included a full NT to 2003 Domain Upgrade. Designed and installed 35+ new networks including domain controllers, exchange servers, routers, switches, firewalls, etc. Migrated other networks from 2000 to 2003 and exchange 2000 to 2003. Extensive experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting with NT/2000/2003/2008 Servers, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003, 2000/XP/VISTA workstations, Active Directory, GPO's, WSUS, Security, DFS, Multiple Site Replication. Provide support on all the above for other engineers. Administration of internal network including a 2003 Active Directory Domain, Exchange 2003, 2000 Pro, XP Pro, Vista, 2000 SQL and IIS.
- Voice/IP Telephony - Lead 20+ Cisco CME/CUE installs ranging from 5 users to 200 users, everything from pre-sales and design to install, training and documentation of the solution. Integration of Multiple Sites with 4 digit dialing, least cost routing (Toll Bypass), QOS, BACD's, Auto Attendants, Voice View, IMAP Client, Notifications, and Cisco Call Connector for Windows. SIP, SCCP, MGCP configuration of 7912, 7920/7921, 7936, 7940/7941/7945, 7960/7961/7965 with 7914 modules, 7970 phones, ATA186/ATA188 devices and softphones. Remote support, configuration and MAC work (a lot of MAC work contracts). Certified as a FtOCC Technician, which is an Asterisk based PBX by Fonality installed on CentOS. Lead 25+ installs of the trixbox Pro phone systems, with Aastra, Polycom, Linksys, Cisco, Grandstream IP Phones, Linksys ATA devices, several different softphones and all types of Sangoma TDM cards.
- Routing/Switching - Experience with installation and troubleshooting of all the following. Cisco 1700, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200 series routers. Some Adtran Netvanta 3305, 4305, 5305 Experience. Cisco 2900, 2950, 2960, 2970, 3400, 3560, Cat500 Switches. Dell, 3Comm, HP Procurve, Netgear, Linksys switches
- Security - Cisco Pix 501, 515, 525, Cisco ASA 5505, 5510, 5520 firewalls. Some Watchguard and Sonicwall Firewall experience. Site to Site, Client to Site VPNs with local and AAA authentication through Active Directory. PAT, Static NAT, VLANs, ACLs, Same Security Interface, Transparent firewall, active/active, active/passive failover configurations. Some experience with Cisco MARS, IPS/IDS, Clean Access, and CSA.
- Good knowledge of Trend Micro Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam Servers, Barracuda Spam Servers, Websense Enterprise and Authentica Content and Policy Servers.
SVI Systems, Peoria, IL - Senior Field Engineer
- Lead installation and design of wired and wireless High Speed Internet into hotels.
- Install and troubleshoot NT, 2000 and 2003 Servers.
- Provided technical support for about 40 other engineers and our Network Administrator with many technical issues.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair computers, networks, internet accounts, cable systems, satellite systems and various other devices.
- Responsible for customer service for over 45 locations.
Remington College, Garland, TX
- AAS: Computer Networking System Technology
- 4.0 GPA
- Received awards for: Outstanding Graduate, Highest Academic Honors and Perfect Attendance.
ITT Technical Institute, Garland, TX
- AAS: Electronics Engineering Technology
- 3.4 GPA