The Mission of Self-Directed Choices, LLC is to open the door to the Mi Via Waiver Program and Centennial Care Self-Directed Community Benefit (SDCB) goods and services to all eligible New Mexicans. We work with New Mexicans regardless of location, age or health condition(s). We accomplish this through a partnership of mutual understanding of each member's condition as it relates to the member's abilities, goals and dreams.
The Purpose of Self-Directed Choices is to educate, guide and assist each person in clarifying their needs and making informed decisions unique to the program (Mi Via or Centennial Care). This person-centered approach is done in partnership with the member's natural supports, families and other interested parties.
- Explain what the Mi Via Waiver or Centennial Care programs provide and what they can offer;
- Listen carefully to your needs and create the best possible individualized Service and Support Plan;
- Help you understand self-determination;
- Work with you to locate goods/services and teach you how access your approved support plan and budget;
- Teach you how to select, hire and train employees and vendors;
- Explain the Mi Via or Centennial Care process and paperwork;
- Empower you to advocate for yourself and your needs, and to encourage you to remain active in your community;
- Resolve Mi Via and Centennial Care issues by helping you clarify problems and potential solutions;
At Self-Directed Choices, we believe all people are highly valuable and
contribute significantly to their communities.
Self-Directed Choices (SDC) has evolved from a sole practitioner company to a fully functional Medicaid agency.
- January 1, 2008 we became a resource manager and facilitator
- March 1, 2011 we became a Consultant and Support agency
As a Medicaid agency, the costs for our services do not come out of your budget. Medicaid pays Self-Directed Choices directly for the services we provide.
Providing State Wide Services
The Centennial Care 2019 Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) will be:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."